Pineapple Lime Gelatin Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine marshmallows and remaining water. Cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Stir into gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pineapple. Fold in the gelatin mixture, whipped cream, pecans and food coloring if desired. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Lime Gelatin
Sort By :
Just made this for a St. Pat's party. Doubled it and was able to make it stretch to feed 45 people along with cupcakes. Everyone raved about. Now have to give out the recipe to several people. Thanks for sharing. I'm not a lime person by any means and I enjoyed it. Will definitely make again soon.
This recipe adds color and flavor to any meal. Good for a pot luck.
Everyone loved this recipe. I make this every year for the holidays and even for desert. This desert is light, fluffy and lightly sweetened.
I get requests to make this recipe every holiday get together. This is my husband's favorite and this is by far the best "green stuff" recipe I have found, don't skip out on the cream cheese, it is much better than the recipes that use cottage cheese.
Pineapple lime gelatin makes a special dessert for special meals and one my family simply loves. We make it for birthdays and special days and keep the recipe private as we don't want our guests knowing how it was made.