Pineapple Kiwi Jam
Pineapple, kiwi and a hint of lime blend nicely in this unique combination from Sondra Rogers of Columbus, Indiana. "It's especially good slathered on biscuits," she comments.
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + standing
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the kiwi, sugar, pineapple
- and lime juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-10 minutes or
- until mixture comes to a full rolling boil, stirring every 2
- minutes. Stir in pectin. Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature,
- about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not
- longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 83 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.