Pineapple, kiwi and a hint of lime blend nicely in this unique combination from Sondra Rogers of Columbus, Indiana. "It's especially good slathered on biscuits," she comments.
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the kiwi, sugar, pineapple and lime juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-10 minutes or until mixture comes to a full rolling boil, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in pectin. Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Pineapple Kiwi Jam in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p22
Reviews for Pineapple Kiwi Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2009
"This sour and sweet jam, great with tosted white bread."