Pineapple Icebox Dessert
"While living in Italy, I fell in love with Italian tiramisu, but I didn't like all the fat and calories it contains," remarks Julie Vyska of North Las Vegas, Nevada. "So I substituted healthier ingredients to make this pineapple version."
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping: set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Arrange half of the
- ladyfingers in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice. Top with half of
- the pudding mixture and half of the pineapple. Repeat layers. Cover
- and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 piece) equals 183 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.