Pineapple Icebox Dessert Recipe
"While living in Italy, I fell in love with Italian tiramisu, but I didn't like all the fat and calories it contains," remarks Julie Vyska of North Las Vegas, Nevada. "So I substituted healthier ingredients to make this pineapple version."
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping: set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Arrange half of the ladyfingers in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the pineapple. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Icebox Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p65
Reviews for Pineapple Icebox Dessert(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >