Pineapple Ice Pops
"My grandmother passed down this ice cream recipe years ago," recalls Jo Snyder of South Bend, Indiana. "Our kids loved it when I made it into Popsicles. Now our grandchildren enjoy the frozen treats when they visit...the older ones can assemble them on their own."
18-20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 18 to 20 paper cups (3 ounces each) and Popsicle sticks or 18 to 20 Popsicle molds
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, pineapple, sugar, vanilla and
- salt; mix well. Pour about 1/3 cup into each cup or mold; insert
- sticks into cups or top molds with holders. Freeze until solid.
- Yield: 18-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 95 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.