Pineapple Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and pineapple. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 478 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (43g sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Pineapple Ice Cream
"Easy and delicious. The pineapple flavor was delicate but pronounced, perfect!"
"made this over memorial day and it was a HUGE hit. Going to try it out again this weekend but am using strawberries instead of pineapple."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.