And for dessert, give Genise Krause's Pineapple Ice Cream Topping a try over cool and creamy vanilla ice cream. The Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin reader heats cinnamon and ginger with pineapple and pineapple preserves to create this super-easy, light and summery topper that kids will go crazy over.
- 3/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Ice Cream Topping in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p22
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pineapple Ice Cream Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review