- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and pineapple. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Ice Cream
"Easy and delicious. The pineapple flavor was delicate but pronounced, perfect!"
"made this over memorial day and it was a HUGE hit. Going to try it out again this weekend but am using strawberries instead of pineapple."