Diners take an instant trip to the tropics after one bite of this easy entree. Moist and tender, this chicken gets a fruitful flavor from pineapple, peaches and a zesty lemon glaze.—Gail Hutton, Bremerton, Washington
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 2 tablespoons butter. Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel, soy sauce and thyme. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Stir juice mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Arrange peaches and pineapple over chicken; baste with sauce. Cover and microwave for 1 minute or until sauce is bubbly. Serve over rice with remaining sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Aloha Chicken in Country Woman May/June 2004, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pineapple Hawaiian Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review