Pineapple Ham Steaks Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Insert cloves into edges of ham steaks. Place one ham steak in a greased shallow baking pan. Spread pineapple over ham; top with the second ham steak. Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham. Combine brown sugar and mustard; sprinkle over the top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Discard cloves. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3 ounces cooked ham equals 267 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,528 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer