Pineapple Ham Steaks
It's a snap to dress up ham steaks with just a handful of kitchen staples. You won't believe how easily and quickly this entree come together before it's time to simply pop it in the oven.—Rita Sholtz, Tonawanda, New York
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Insert
- cloves into edges of ham steaks. Place one ham steak in a greased
- shallow baking pan. Spread pineapple over ham; top with the second
- ham steak. Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham. Combine brown
- sugar and mustard; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°,
- basting occasionally with pan juices. Discard cloves. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked ham equals 267 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,528 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now