Pineapple Ham Steaks
It's a snap to dress up ham steaks with just a handful of kitchen staples. You won't believe how easily and quickly this entree come together before it's time to simply pop it in the oven.Rita Sholtz, Tonawanda, New York
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Insert cloves into edges of ham
- steaks. Place one ham steak in a greased shallow baking pan. Spread
- pineapple over ham; top with the second ham steak. Pour reserved
- pineapple juice over ham. Combine brown sugar and mustard; sprinkle
- over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Discard cloves. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked ham equals 267 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,528 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer