It’s a snap to dress up ham steaks with just a handful of kitchen staples. You won’t believe how quickly this dish comes together before you pop it in the oven.—Rita Sholtz, Tonawanda, New York
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Insert cloves into edges of ham steaks. Place one ham steak in a greased shallow baking pan. Spread pineapple over ham; top with the second ham steak. Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham. Combine brown sugar and mustard; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Discard cloves. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Ham Steaks in Reminisce March/April 2006, p 48
Reviews forPineapple Ham Steaks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review