Pineapple Ham Steaks Recipe
It's a snap to dress up ham steaks with just a handful of kitchen staples. You won't believe how easily and quickly this entree come together before it's time to simply pop it in the oven.Rita Sholtz, Tonawanda, New York
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Insert cloves into edges of ham steaks. Place one ham steak in a greased shallow baking pan. Spread pineapple over ham; top with the second ham steak. Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham. Combine brown sugar and mustard; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Discard cloves. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Ham Steaks in Reminisce March/April 2006, p 48
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pineapple Ham Steaks(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2008
This made for a great family dinner. We all enjoyed it very much. It would be very nice for a holiday meal with only a few people.