Pineapple Ham Sandwiches Recipe
I first sampled these at a bridal luncheon years ago. Now I frequently make them for our weekly neighborhood dinners.
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 onion rolls, split
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, pineapple, water, brown sugar, mustard and cloves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until reduced by about one-third. Remove cloves. Add ham; simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 258 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 994 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC