- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 onion rolls, split
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, pineapple, water, brown sugar, mustard and cloves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until reduced by about one-third. Remove cloves. Add ham; simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Ham Sandwiches in Country Pork 1996, p21
Reviews for Pineapple Ham Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2012
This was delicious. I hadn't paid attention to the amounts when I went to the store, so I only had 15 oz. of tomato sauce instead of 29. I thought it turned out great. I took it to a church fellowship and didn't bring any home.