Pineapple Ham Pizzas
In Alum Creek, West Virginia, Vicky Priestley recommends whipping up these barbecue Hawaiian pizzas as a quick after-school snack. Prepared on English muffins, the cheesy pizzas are something that kids of all ages enjoy.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham, cut into strips
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese, quartered
- Place English muffins cut side up on a broiler pan. Spread with
- barbecue sauce; top with ham, pineapple and cheese. Broil 4-6 in.
- from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 112 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.