Pineapple Ham Loaf
I "inherited" this recipe from the family that owned the building where I rented my first apartment. It's one of my favorites and very easy to prepare. It's great for company because you can mix the loaf in advance, then simply pour on the sauce before putting it in the oven...it's the sauce that makes it so good!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground fresh pork
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, crackers and pepper. Add
- the ham and pork; mix well. Shape into a 9-in. x 4-in. loaf and
- place in a shallow baking dish; insert a meat thermometer. In a
- small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; pour over loaf. Bake at
- 350° until thermometer registers 170°, about 1-1/2 hours,
- basting frequently. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 509 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 1,260 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.