Pineapple Ham Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground fresh pork
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, crackers and pepper. Add the ham and pork; mix well. Shape into a 9-in. x 4-in. loaf and place in a shallow baking dish; insert a meat thermometer. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; pour over loaf. Bake at 350° until thermometer registers 170°, about 1-1/2 hours, basting frequently. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pineapple Ham Loaf
Sort By :
I divided this into two loaves and put into a 9x13 pan and added halved sweet potatoes and halved pears on the sides and then put sauce on all. It was such a pretty dish and very tasty. Company loved it. May try onions in ham loaf next time.