- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in cream cheese and milk; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the noodles, ham, pineapple, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Ham Casserole
"I also altered this recipe. Instead of noodles, I used diced potatoes. I added 1 teaspoon of dry mustard, 1 small chopped onion, cut the milk in about half, and added more pepper. I topped it with the Ritz cracker topping given earlier and it was delicious! (I also used the tidbits instead of crushed) I added 15 minutes to the cooking time for the potatoes and put the topping on 30 minutes prior to it being done. Trust me and try it this way!"
"Bland and Worcestershire gave it an odd flavor. Had to toss it, no one would eat past two bites. Notice the five star reviewer completely changed the recipe."
"This was not the hit I thought it would be. I kept tasting it as I was making it and I knew it was bland, so I kept trying to *spice* it up so family would like it better. I won't be making this again."
"My husband enjoyed this dish very much!"
"I have always loved pineapple-Ritz cracker casserole so I couldn't resist using the same topping from that wonderful dish here in this recipe instead of breadcrumbs. Also, I skipped the milk and noodles, opting for a thicker, creamier casserole. Other changes, I used 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, added chopped onion to the butter and celery, skipped the worchestershire sauce. It is absolutely wonderful and something I will definitely make again. Here is the topping: Melt 6 TBSP butter, add 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers, 1 TBSP sugar, 6TBSP of the pineapple juice from can (I just poured in all the juice left over and it worked)."