Pineapple Ham Casserole
Living in Hawaii, I wanted to share this recipe which features pineapple. It's our most important fruit crop. —Marsha Fleming, Kula, Hawaii
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large
- skillet, saute celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in
- cream cheese and milk; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the
- noodles, ham, pineapple, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining
- butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 527 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,541 mg sodium,