- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in cream cheese and milk; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the noodles, ham, pineapple, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Ham Casserole
Sort By :
I have always loved pineapple-Ritz cracker casserole so I couldn't resist using the same topping from that wonderful dish here in this recipe instead of breadcrumbs. Also, I skipped the milk and noodles, opting for a thicker, creamier casserole. Other changes, I used 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, added chopped onion to the butter and celery, skipped the worchestershire sauce. It is absolutely wonderful and something I will definitely make again. Here is the topping: Melt 6 TBSP butter, add 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers, 1 TBSP sugar, 6TBSP of the pineapple juice from can (I just poured in all the juice left over and it worked).
I added about 1 tsp dry mustard, more Worcestershire sauce and about half a cup of the pineapple juice from the can. Definitely needed that little flavor boost. Good recipe, my 6 year-old loved it. May try some teriyaki next time.
A bit bland for my liking.
This is a nice twist on your typical pasta and meat casserole; still a pleasant comfort food yet something a bit different from the usual. We really enjoyed it and I will be making it again. I used spaghetti noodles since that's what I had on hand and I used a 20 oz. can of pineapples for a double batch. The pineapple flavor was very mild like this which was good, but I think it could be even better with more pineapple.
We loved this simple recipe! I actually followed it except for putting 20 ounces of pineapple in it instead of 16. It was yummy!