Pineapple Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine pineapple and grapefruit. Chill; drain if necessary. Just before serving, combine the yogurt, sugar substitute and vanilla. Pour over fruit; toss to coat. Top each serving with a cherry. Yield: 5 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener. Look for it in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
1/2 cup: 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.