Pineapple Grapefruit Salad
This sweet-tart salad, nicely coated with a yogurt dressing, makes a refreshing light luncheon dish. "I usually put a scoop of low-fat cottage cheese in the center of the plate and surround it with the salad," writes Rosemarie Kondrk of Old Bridge, New Jersey.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple and grapefruit. Chill; drain if
- necessary. Just before serving, combine the yogurt, sugar substitute
- and vanilla. Pour over fruit; toss to coat. Top each serving with a
- cherry. Yield: 5 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener. Look for it in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.