Some dinners are so simple and tasty they work for everyday family dinners or for entertaining company. This is the one that always gets me "oohs and aahs." —Nancy Whitford, Edwards, New York
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small bowl, whisk preserves, mustard and basil; brush half of mixture over roast. Add pineapple to roasting pan. Roast 25-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove roast from oven and brush with remaining glaze; tent loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Using a slotted spoon, serve pineapple with pork. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple-Glazed Pork Roast in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pineapple-Glazed Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review