Pineapple-Glazed Fruit Medley
This recipe goes well with any meal as a dessert or side dish. The glaze makes it shine.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 6 green grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine the
- pineapple, banana and grapes; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and reserved
- pineapple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in preserves
- and lemon juice. Cool completely. Pour over fruit and toss gently to
- coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 161 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.