Pineapple-Glazed Fish Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 fresh or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and ginger; stir in pineapple juice until blended. Add honey and soy sauce. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice. Pour half into a small serving bowl.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with glaze.
- 3. Meanwhile, grill pineapple slices for 2-3 minutes on each side or until heated through, basting frequently with glaze. Serve fish with pineapple and reserved glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 190 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1 fruit
Reviews for Pineapple-Glazed Fish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.