The tangy side dish is a snap to stir up, too. Pineapple-Glazed Carrots have a unique honey-pineapple coating that's sure to have diners asking for the secret.
The rapid recipe is an ideal accompaniment to most any entree. "Even kids like these carrots." says Leonora Wilkie of Bellbrook, Ohio.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups baby carrots or medium carrot, quartered
- 1/2 cup pineapple spreadable fruit
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place carrots and a small amount of water in a saucepan. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring the fruit, honey and butter to
- a boil Drain carrots and transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle honey
- mixture over carrots; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 181 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.