Pineapple-Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, sugar, butter and salt; cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until preserves are melted. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple-Glazed Carrots(8)
Sort By :
Love the flavor, but I think I would like it better cooking the carrots on the stove and then adding the glaze ingredients...it might coat them better, too.
Overall this recipe tasted very good but I had a few problems with it. The first time I tried this, I let the carrots microwave, longer that stated after reading other reviews but they burned in the microwave. The second time, I cooked the carrots on the stove top for 8-10 minutes in boiling water. I followed the recipe and tried to fix the sauce in the microwave but it exploded and made a mess. This recipe seems better suited for stove-top prepration.
Excellent! I agree w/ the longer cooking time, just check on the carrots as they are cooking to judge how much longer they need. I didn't have pineapple preserves so I substituted raspberry ~ still turned out great!
This was sweet and delicious, and made an excellent side dish. The carrots came out half-way between crunchy and soft, which was a perfect combination. I would 100% make this again!
My family loved these carrots. I did cook them longer to make the carrots more tender. This will be a staple in our house.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Glazed Carrots >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >