Pineapple Ginger Chops Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. Combine pepper and ginger; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a skillet, brown chops in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add orange juice, 1 cup pineapple and reserved pineapple juice. (Refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use.)
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove pork chops and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 323 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Pineapple Ginger Chops
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.