Pineapple Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Dissolve gelatin in water; add pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill until almost set, about 45 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Carefully spread over gelatin; chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, lemon juice, water, flour, egg yolks and reserved pineapple juice; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Cool. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 236 calories, 10g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Gelatin Salad
"Very refreshing on a hot summer day!"
"I messed up the first time I made this and used a small box of gelatin, so it didn't congeal as it should have. So I just mixed everything together. :) Had to eat it from a bowl, but was still good. I did it right the next time. Very good. We have had it several times since."