Pineapple Gelatin Salad Recipe
My family enjoys this lovely layered salad in the summer with grilled hamburgers. Although I haven't used the recipe long, it's quickly become a favorite. A good friend shared it with me, and every time I make it, I think of her. -Susan Kirby, Tipton, Indiana
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Dissolve gelatin in water; add pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill until almost set, about 45 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Carefully spread over gelatin; chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, lemon juice, water, flour, egg yolks and reserved pineapple juice; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Cool. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 236 calories, 10 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Gelatin Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC