My family enjoys this lovely layered salad in the summer with grilled hamburgers. Although I haven't used the recipe long, it's quickly become a favorite. A good friend shared it with me, and every time I make it, I think of her. -Susan Kirby, Tipton, Indiana
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Dissolve gelatin in water; add pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill until almost set, about 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Carefully spread over gelatin; chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, lemon juice, water, flour, egg yolks and reserved pineapple juice; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Cool. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p39
Reviews for Pineapple Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review