Pineapple Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Dissolve gelatin in water; add pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill until almost set, about 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Carefully spread over gelatin; chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, lemon juice, water, flour, egg yolks and reserved pineapple juice; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Cool. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Gelatin Salad(3)
Sort By :
Very refreshing on a hot summer day!
I messed up the first time I made this and used a small box of gelatin, so it didn't congeal as it should have. So I just mixed everything together. :) Had to eat it from a bowl, but was still good. I did it right the next time. Very good. We have had it several times since.
This gelatin salad is luscious and an absolute MUST HAVE at Easter Dinner. Hope you have chance to make it soon!