Pineapple may seem like a strange ingredient for your Christmas fudge, but this light-colored version is a really yummy, refreshing change of pace from the usual chocolate variety. Try the recipe and see for yourself!
64 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour + standing
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Line an 8-in. square dish with foil. Using 1 tablespoon butter,
- grease the foil and the sides of a heavy large saucepan. Add the
- sugar, pineapple, cream and corn syrup to the saucepan. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234°
- (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; add remaining butter (do not stir). Cool to
- 125°. Add vanilla; stir until combined. Beat with a wooden spoon
- until mixture is thickened and lighter in color, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in nuts and food coloring. Spread into prepared pan; let stand
- until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in.
- squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 2-1/4 pounds.