Pineapple Fudge Recipe
Pineapple may seem like a strange ingredient for your Christmas fudge, but this light-colored version is a really yummy, refreshing change of pace from the usual chocolate variety. Try the recipe and see for yourself!
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1. Line an 8-in. square dish with foil. Using 1 tablespoon butter, grease the foil and the sides of a heavy large saucepan. Add the sugar, pineapple, cream and corn syrup to the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; add remaining butter (do not stir). Cool to 125°. Add vanilla; stir until combined. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is thickened and lighter in color, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in nuts and food coloring. Spread into prepared pan; let stand until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 pounds.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pineapple Fudge
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC