Pineapple Fruit Boat
Served in a pineapple shell, this fancy salad goes together surprisingly quickly with a handful of ingredients. It's an impressive way to present fresh fruit.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Stand pineapple upright and vertically cut a third from one side,
- leaving the leaves attached; set cut piece aside.
- Using a paring or grapefruit knife, remove pineapple from large
- section in strips, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard core. Cut strips
- into bite-size chunks. Set aside 2 tablespoons juice from pineapple;
- invert shell onto paper towel to drain. Remove fruit from the small
- pineapple piece and cut into chunks; discard peel. Place shell in a
- large serving bowl or on a serving platter.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple chunks, strawberries, orange and
- banana. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved pineapple
- juice; spoon over fruit and stir gently. Spoon into pineapple boat.
- Yield: 6 servings.