Pineapple Fruit Boat Recipe
Served in a pineapple shell, this fancy salad goes together surprisingly quickly with a handful of ingredients. It's an impressive way to present fresh fruit.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1. Stand pineapple upright and vertically cut a third from one side, leaving the leaves attached; set cut piece aside.
- 2. Using a paring or grapefruit knife, remove pineapple from large section in strips, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard core. Cut strips into bite-size chunks. Set aside 2 tablespoons juice from pineapple; invert shell onto paper towel to drain. Remove fruit from the small pineapple piece and cut into chunks; discard peel. Place shell in a large serving bowl or on a serving platter.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine pineapple chunks, strawberries, orange and banana. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved pineapple juice; spoon over fruit and stir gently. Spoon into pineapple boat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Fruit Boat
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC