Pineapple Drop Doughnuts
These light, cake-like treats warm you up on a cold winter morning. They satisfy your hunger for doughnuts with less effort and time.
60 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in pineapple. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until blended.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop
- batter by heaping teaspoonfuls a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry
- until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper
- towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Editor's Note: Doughnuts may be frozen in an airtight container for up to 1 month. To reheat, place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 5-10 seconds or until warm. Dust with confectioners' sugar.