- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in pineapple. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Pineapple Drop Doughnuts in Best of Country Breads 2000, p103
Reviews for Pineapple Drop Doughnuts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review