Pineapple Dream Dessert Recipe
I often serve this creamy dessert because it's a light and refreshing end to any meal. My mother made it when I was young, and now my daughters ask for it. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- 3. Stir in pineapple. Pour over crust. Top with whipped cream (pan will be full). Sprinkle with marshmallows and reserved crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 202 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC