Pineapple Dream Dessert Recipe
I often serve this creamy dessert because it's a light and refreshing end to any meal. My mother made it when I was young, and now my daughters ask for it. Darlene Markel, Sublimity, Oregon
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Stir in pineapple. Pour over crust. Top with whipped cream (pan will be full). Sprinkle with marshmallows and reserved crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Dream Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p70
Reviews for Pineapple Dream Dessert(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review