Pineapple Doughnut Dessert Recipe
End your day around the fire with this clever dessert from Christy Hinrichs of Parkville, Missouri. “When we can’t go camping, we sometimes pitch a tent in the backyard for the kids and grill this simple treat.”
- 5 cake doughnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1. Cut doughnuts in half horizontally; spread with butter. For each packet, place two doughnut halves cut side up on a 12-in. square of heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice; place a cherry in the center. Seal foil tightly. Grill over indirect medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 448 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Doughnut Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC