My kids like ham; the challenge is finding new ways to make it. I slow-cook it with pineapple and Dijon. The juices make an amazing dipping sauce. —Camille Beckstrand, Layton, UT
Featured In: Slow Cooker Superstars
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- Additional Dijon mustard, optional
- In a greased 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Preheat broiler. Place bun bottoms and tops on baking sheets, cut side up. Using a slotted spoon, place ham mixture on bottoms; top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are toasted. Replace tops. If desired, serve with additional mustard. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple-Dijon Ham Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Pineapple-Dijon Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review