My kids like ham; the challenge is finding new ways to make it. I slow-cook it with pineapple and Dijon. The juices make an amazing dipping sauce. —Camille Beckstrand, Layton, UT
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- Additional Dijon mustard, optional
- In a greased 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Preheat broiler. Place bun bottoms and tops on baking sheets, cut side up. Using a slotted spoon, place ham mixture on bottoms; top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are toasted. Replace tops. If desired, serve with additional mustard. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple-Dijon Ham Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Pineapple-Dijon Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2016
"This combination sounded good, but was a mushy mess of a sandwich. The bread got soggy even though I drained the mixture well and toasted the buns before adding it. The flavor was just ok, and nothing to want seconds of."