Pineapple Dessert Squares Recipe
Expect to hand out the recipe when you bring this cheesecake dessert along to your next gathering. Crushed pineapple gives it a fun, tropical twist.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whole milk
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture. Add egg; mix until well blended and crumbly. Add milk and blend until dough forms a soft ball.
- 2. Pat dough onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place pineapple in a sieve over a 4-cup glass measure; press with the back of a spoon to squeeze dry. Spread pineapple evenly over bottom crust, reserving juice in glass measure; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour. Add the egg yolks, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Add enough milk to reserved pineapple juice to measure 2-1/2 cups. Stir milk mixture into cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high until stiff. Fold filling mixture into egg whites. Gently pour into crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 248 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Dessert Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC