- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pineapple, walnuts and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Pineapple Delights
Sort By :
Awesome ingredients, a lot like ambrosia. Seriously flawed ingredient ratios. As written, this yields dry, hard, flavorless bricks. Try reducing the sugar to one cup, brown, white, or half cup of each. Reduce the flour to two cups. These revisions yield a wet batter that produces a moist, soft, seriously awesome tropical cookie.
i love the idea of this recipe. It could use some work tho, kinda bland and batter was runny, you have to play with the recipe to get a desired result.
The batter was very dry, so I added a bit of pineapple juice, the first batch spread too much, so I added about a half cup more flour....no change.
If I make again, I would cut sugar down to 3/4 cup of each. They were pretty sweet.
Have very little taste.. maybe need to add more vanilla or sugar.. kinda taste like scones.!! These are great for those that don't like cookies that are over the top sweet..
These have little taste or flavor.