Pineapple Delight Recipe
I received this recipe at a meeting for diabetics many years ago. I've shared this dessert with many friends on restricted diets.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 7 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1. In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a bowl, combine gelatin and water; stir until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese and sugar substitute; cover and process until smooth. Slowly add gelatin mixture and blend until smooth. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Spread over gelatin layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1/12 recipe equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC