- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 7 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a bowl, combine gelatin and water; stir until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese and sugar substitute; cover and process until smooth. Slowly add gelatin mixture and blend until smooth. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Spread over gelatin layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Delight in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p285
Reviews for Pineapple Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2010
"Even if you're not diabetic, and use real sugar for the 7 tsp sugar substitute, you'll like this dessert. It's a cheesecake without the fuss or calories. I'm making it for the second time and this time I'm topping it with strawberries."