Pineapple Cucumber Salad Recipe
I toss a refreshing fruit-and-vegetable medley to round out a meal. This salad is my own creation. I first prepared it for an Easter dinner. It was an instant hit with my husband, Pat, who loves pineapple.—Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 medium cucumbers, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cucumbers, grapes and chives. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, celery seed, horseradish and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over pineapple mixture; gently stir to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 279 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC