Pineapple Crunch Recipe
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in.-square baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- 3. In a bowl, beat ice cream and pudding mix on low speed 2 minutes or until blended and thickened. Spoon over crust. Top with pineapple mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 173 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Crunch
"This is super easy, quick and tastes great. Will definitely make again."
"this is so yummy! took it to apotluck whereit was a hit !havemade a couple of times !"
"This recipe was very good..Rich, with a bit of a tang..I used Curves for the crust..(Honey coated corn flakes). Very good and easy to make."
"This is one of the easiest and most delightful desserts i have tasted lately. you can whip it up in no time. Everyone requests this recipe after they have tried it. thanks Betty W. and taste of home!!!! Elisa Carlin"