Betty Wiersma's crunchy pineapple dessert offers quick refreshment. "This recipe was given to me years ago by a co-worker," explains the Sherwood Park, Alberta cook. "Every time I take it somewhere, it's a favorite."
9-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, sugar
- and butter. Press into a greased 9-in.-square baking dish. Bake 10
- minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple until blended. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat ice cream and pudding mix on low speed 2 minutes or
- until blended and thickened. Spoon over crust. Top with pineapple
- mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 173 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.