Pairs well with Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in pineapple and walnuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- For icing, combine sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Pour over warm cake. Sprinkle with coconut if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Crunch Cake in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p74
Reviews for Pineapple Crunch Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review