Pineapple Crisp Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, flour, brown sugar, butter and salt. Press 1-1/2 cups into a greased 9-in. square baking pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the filling ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cool; spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 slice: 411 calories, 17g fat (12g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Crisp
"My mother used to make this but her recipe calls it Pineapple Squares (a little "messy" for squares but explains the sweeter filling). I still make it myself now and then and so does my daughter."
"This is an amazing dessert. It is sweet, but that did not bother me. I served it with vanilla ice cream, everyone really liked it. Thank you for a great recipe!!"
"This didn't turn out very well for me. It might have been the old oven I was using at the time I prepared this, but the crust was a bit hard and chewy, and I thought it could have used more filling."
"This is very good but pretty sweet... I think I will cut back on the sugar in the pineapple mix next time to see what happens. It may also be good to add chopped nuts to the crust/topping."