Field editor Karen Bourne of Magarth, Alberta comments, "This recipe's combination of coconut and pineapple is delightful!" A treat with tropical taste, It's wonderful served warm with a scoop of ice cream.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, flour, brown sugar, butter and
- salt. Press 1-1/2 cups into a greased 9-in. square baking pan; set
- remaining mixture aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the filling ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Cool; spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 411 calories, 17 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium,