Field editor Karen Bourne of Magarth, Alberta comments, "This recipe's combination of coconut and pineapple is delightful!" A treat with tropical taste, It's wonderful served warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, flour, brown sugar, butter and salt. Press 1-1/2 cups into a greased 9-in. square baking pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the filling ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cool; spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Crisp in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p65
Reviews for Pineapple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review