This refreshing relish from Sue Dannahower of Fort Pierce, Florida features three kinds of fruit and a splash of cilantro. Serve it atop grilled chicken or pork to perk up the taste.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Pineapple Cranberry Relish in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p53
Reviews for Pineapple Cranberry Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2009
"Served this delightful little dish last year and it was requested angain this year by the in-laws. You know its a winner!"