Pineapple Cranberry Ham
Tired of the same-old, same-old meals for dinner? Try something new tonight with this dish! A sweet and tangy relish of cranberries and pineapple tops these hearty ham steaks, adding lots of flavor and color. Rita Brower - Exeter, CA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cut each ham steak in half. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook
- ham in oil in batches for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned
- and heated through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mash the cranberry sauce; stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-5
- minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with ham. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 ham steak with about 3 tablespoons sauce equals 405 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 2,186 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer