Tired of the same-old, same-old meals for dinner? Try something new tonight with this dish! A sweet and tangy relish of cranberries and pineapple tops these hearty ham steaks, adding lots of flavor and color. Rita Brower - Exeter, CA
- 4 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cut each ham steak in half. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ham in oil in batches for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned and heated through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mash the cranberry sauce; stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Cranberry Ham in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p26
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pineapple Cranberry Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review