Pineapple Cracker Spread Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 teaspoon juice. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the pineapple, green pepper, onions and reserved juice. Cover and chill for 1-1/2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup of spread (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.