Pineapple Cracker Spread Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 teaspoon juice. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the pineapple, green pepper, onions and reserved juice. Cover and chill for 1-1/2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 59 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pineapple Cracker Spread
"Oh so good! I served it on vegetalbe crackers I purchased at a Mennonite market and they complimented the spread. This recipe is easy to assemble and the ingredients are kitchen staples. The only change I made was I used a yellow pepper instead of the green only because we don't care for the green. I served it at a dinner party and everyone asked for the recipe! It's a keeper!"
"Served this at a family get together. Wide range of ages and all liked it. I had several requests for the recipe."